Liquid Floor Screed
At K M Flow Screed is a leading liquid screed supplier, providing premium quality application services for liquid floor screed in Woking. Our team of experienced professionals have years of experience in the screeding industry, providing top-quality screeding services to commercial and residential clients. We use the latest and most innovative technology to ensure that your liquid floor screed is installed to the highest possible standard in a timely and efficient manner.
FULLY TRAINED STAFF
Liquid Screed Benefits
Liquid screed is a highly efficient and effective flooring material that offers many benefits over traditional screed. It is a popular choice for commercial and residential construction projects, particularly those requiring underfloor heating systems or improved insulation properties. Our liquid screed is self-levelling, which spreads out evenly and creates a smooth surface. This reduces the need for additional levelling or smoothing work, which saves time and money. It also provides better insulation than a traditional screed, helping reduce heating costs and improve energy efficiency.
Flow Screeding Services and Underfloor Heating
Liquid screed and underfloor heating systems complement each other for improved efficiency. Liquid screed in Woking provides an efficient and effective heat transfer and a level and durable surface. When used with underfloor heating, the liquid screed is poured directly over the heating pipes or cables and creates a smooth and even surface that maximises the system’s efficiency. It fills up the void between pipes or cables, reducing heat loss. The screed also helps to distribute the heat evenly across the surface, creating a comfortable and consistent temperature throughout the room. It also provides better insulation than traditional screed as it can be applied in thinner layers, leaving more room for thicker insulation.
When applied with underfloor heating, the drying time ranges from 24-48 hours, but this is just the beginning. As you continue using your heating system, the screed becomes more cohesive and minimises heat loss from your underfloor heating system.
Smooth and Levelled Surfaces
Our liquid screed contractors use a self-levelling liquid floor screed, i.e. it forms a smooth finish with a uniform level across the floor. This saves your installation cost and makes it easier for you to install any flooring over the liquid screed. Liquid screed installation works well with any material from marble to ceramic tiles, wood to vinyl. The floor looks smooth and aesthetic even if you leave the surface as it is. It can also withstand heavy traffic as it is highly durable. Liquid screed surfaces are also safe for children and the elderly.
Liquid screed forms a thin layer, allowing you to use thicker insulation sheets, thus improving your heating system’s efficiency. This efficiency improves even further with time, so you are looking at years of savings. Our liquid screed specialist can help you benefit from improved heating efficiency and lower energy bills.
Simple Application Process
Our flow screed Woking application process is simple and comprises the following steps:
- Preparation: The floor is cleaned and repaired if necessary.
- Underfloor Heating Installation (if applicable): If an underfloor heating system is to be installed, it will be laid out and connected to the relevant pipes or cables at this stage.
- Application of Primer: Our liquid screed contractors will apply the primer to the surface to help the screed bond with the surface and provide a strong and durable finish.
- Mixing: The liquid screed is mixed using a specialised mixer that ensures the mix is consistent and lump-free.
- Pouring: The liquid screed is poured onto the surface using a pump or mixer. The screed is then spread evenly across the surface using a screeding bar or levelling tool.
- Finishing: The surface is finished by removing any bumps or ridges with a trowel or smoothing tool. A final layer of liquid screed may be added to ensure a completely level surface.
- Drying Time: The screed is left to dry for a minimum of 24-48 hours, depending on the thickness of the layer and environmental conditions. It is essential to ensure that the drying process is not disrupted during this time.
What are the ingredients of liquid screed?
Liquid screed is made by mixing pre-determined quantities of cement, sand and finely graded aggregates into the water.
Are there any other types of screed?
Yes, other than liquid screed, there are three types of screed, i.e.:
- Bonded screed
- Unbonded screed
- Floating screed
Why is liquid screed suitable for underfloor heating systems?
Liquid screed offers low thickness as compared to conventional cement screed, with average thickness of 40mm with insulation and 50mm with UFH, thus leaving more room for insulation. It is also a good heat conductor, facilitating efficient heat transfer across the space.
How much time does it take to dry?
Liquid screed requires 24-48 hours to dry, based on the environment and temperature conditions. However, it will take a few more days to achieve its maximum strength.