Underfloor Heating in Lewisham
FULLY TRAINED STAFF
The popularity of underfloor heating, as a highly energy-efficient heating method, is increasing, causing more people to install this system in their homes. However, underfloor heating installation requires professional expertise to get this job done efficiently and safely.
K M Flow Screed is an excellent option if you need installation services for underfloor heating in Lewisham. Over the years, we have established our reputation as a leading underfloor heating company for domestic and commercial properties, offering premium quality services at competitive rates.
Advantages of Underfloor Heating System
- It makes your home warm and cosy.
- It effectively radiates heat, ensuring even heating throughout the room.
- It requires less energy to heat the space than what is required for conventional heating systems.
- It provides a sleek appearance to your living space, as there are no visible radiators anywhere.
- It gives you extra space, allowing you to furnish your rooms according to your preferences.
Send us a Message
If you have any questions in your mind feel free to contact us
- It reassures a silent environment with no creaks and groans of traditional copper pipes and radiators.
- It is cost-effective and reduces your heating energy bills.
- It allows you to regulate the temperature based on your requirements with the help of a thermostat.
- It requires comparatively lesser maintenance.
How Does Underfloor Heating System Work?
There are two types of underfloor heating systems, each having a different working mechanism:
Electric Underfloor Heating
It consists of several mats and wires, forming a coil pattern under your flooring. The wires get heated with the electricity and warm up your floor and home. This system does not need to be connected to the boiler.
Water Underfloor Heating
It comprises the pipes’ circuit installed under your flooring, spanning the whole area of your living space. The pipes get filled up with warm water coming from the boiler. Hot water diffuses heat through the flooring and gets constantly replenished.
Process of Underfloor Heating Installation
The installation carried out by our underfloor heating specialists involves the following steps:
- Visiting your property.
- Providing a cost estimation for all the work.
- Scheduling a date for the installation of the underflooring heating system.
- Removing the current flooring from the space where the system will be installed.
- Cleaning the space and allowing it to get dry.
- Laying insulation and a damp-proof membrane (DPM).
- Laying heating mats and fixing them in place properly.
- Fitting a floor sensor.
- Screeding the floor.
- Laying the new flooring.
- Ensuring seamless finishing of all the work done.
Contact Us Today!
Our professionals are well-trained in providing exceptional underfloor heating services. We provide guaranteed services, ensuring the efficient heating system working, potentially saving you money. We ensure the best guidance for our clients throughout the process.
Contact us for your underfloor heating in Lewisham.
How do I know if my property is suitable for underfloor heating?
All newly built properties in the UK are suitable for underfloor heating installation as they fulfil the air tightness and insulation guidelines. On the other hand, this system can also be installed in old domestic and commercial properties using retrofit solutions to deliver high heat outputs.
How long does underfloor heating take to warm up the room?
The duration of warming up the room depends on the type of underfloor heating:
- Electric underfloor heating warms up immediately, heating the floor in minutes.
- Water underfloor heating usually takes 3 hours to fully heat your floor and home.
How much does the underfloor heating installation in Lewisham cost?
Underfloor heating cost usually depends on the type of heating system, your property’s condition, size, number of rooms, and location.
However, a water underfloor heating system installation requires £120 to £135 per m2, and an electric underfloor heating system installation incurs £60 to £85 per m2 cost.
What does underfloor heating repair include?
The underfloor heating system repairs typically involve addressing problems like sensor probes and thermostat issues, installation damages, wire damages, etc. The repairs help eliminate trapped air, blockages, leaks, etc.